Kids Church Lesson
February 25, 2024
This Week's Lesson: We Are to Tell Others about Jesus (Romans 10)
CLICK HERE to follow us on Instagram
Paul’s letter to believers in Rome serves as one of the Bible’s clearest examples of evangelism. The words of Romans 10 bring us back to the essence of gospel truth: we must place our faith in Jesus to receive salvation from sin. However, in order to receive the gospel, we must first hear its words. From this essential truth, we find our mission as the church.
What does it mean to be “sent” as followers of Christ? How can we be sure that we live on mission like the Bible says?
One of the most beautiful aspects of the gospel is that it doesn’t end its work in us when we come to faith in Jesus. When we come to saving faith in Jesus, we are compelled to share the good news so others may trust in Jesus, too. What begins with personal profession must then become a public declaration for others to take part in it as well. To live “sent” means to share the gospel’s message to the ends of the earth, being empowered by the Holy Spirit to do just that.
Salvation is the gift of eternal life in Jesus and forgiveness of sin; to live on mission means to testify to the life and forgiveness we have found so that others may experience the life-changing power of the Holy Spirit for themselves. This means being intentional in our relationships, relying on the Lord to lead us in opportunities to show and tell others about who Jesus is and what He has done. We help others experience the power of the Holy Spirit at work in us when we use every part of our life to showcase His glory. We have been sent on this mission to share Jesus with family members, neighbors, and even those who live on the other side of the world!
As you prepare to teach this session to kids, emphasize the idea that our mission is to lead others to find salvation in Jesus. Paul’s desire and prayer was for more people to come to saving faith in Christ alone—even the kids in your classroom! Explain that the Holy Spirit’s life-changing power in your life is the same one offered to them today.
FAMILY TALKING POINTS
This is the big idea of how this week’s Bible story points to Jesus.
· Babies & Toddlers:Jesus wants His followers to tell people about Him.
· Younger Preschool: Jesus came into the world to rescue people from their sins. Jesus wants His church to go into the world and tell people about Him.
· Older Preschool:Just as Jesus came into the world so people might trust in Him and be saved from their sins, Jesus has sent the church to tell others the good news that Jesus saves people from their sins.
· Kids:Just as Jesus came into the world so that people might come to trust in Him and be saved from their sins, Jesus has sent the church throughout the world to tell others about the salvation that can only be found in Jesus Christ.
BIG PICTURE QUESTION & ANSWER
This is an important biblical truth that your child will encounter each week of this unit.
· Younger Preschool: Why does God want Christians to tell others about Jesus? We tell others about Jesus so they can know Him and love Him.
· Older Preschool: Why does God command Christians to tell others about Jesus? We tell others about Jesus so they will hear and believe in Him.
· Kids: Why does God command Christians to tell others about Jesus? We tell others about Jesus so they will hear and believe the good news.
This is a Bible verse that relates to what your child will encounter each week of this unit.
· Babies & Toddlers: Tell others about Jesus. Romans 10:14
· Younger Preschool: We need to tell others about Jesus so they can believe in Him. Romans 10:14
· Older Preschool: How can they believe without hearing about him? And how can they hear without a preacher? Romans 10:14
· Kids: How, then, can they call on him they have not believed in? And how can they believe without hearing about him? And how can they hear without a preacher? Romans 10:14
** Next week: The Apostles Were Arrested (Acts 5)
Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa Families:
CLICK HERE to sign up to request access to weekly Gospel Project resources.
Crossroads Youtube Channel
Kids on the Move Youtube Channel
Kids video lessons and Bible Stories
Elementary and Preschool Curriculum, Color Pages, and Activities
Elementary age worksheets, puzzle pages and color Sheets